Facilities and clinical affiliates
The Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences is located in the College of Health Professions at 900 East Leigh Street, Richmond, Virginia. Faculty and staff offices are located in this facility, as well as student classrooms, general teaching laboratory, and student lounges and team rooms. The department utilizes faculty, classroom, and student laboratory space at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon, Virginia to provide the MLS undergraduate program to students in southwest Virginia through synchronous learning.
Full-time clinical laboratory rotations are offered for students at the following clinical affiliates:
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System (VCU Health, Richmond, VA; Community Memorial Hospital, South Hill, VA)
- Central Virginia VA Health Care System, Richmond, Virginia
- University of Virginia Health System (UVAHS), Charlottesville, Virginia
- HCA Richmond Hospital Market Laboratories VA (Chippenham Medical Center, Johnston-Willis Medical Center, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital), Richmond, Virginia
- Bon Secours HealthPartners Laboratory (St. Mary's Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, Richmond Community Hospital, Memorial Regional Medical Center)
- Ballad Health (Johnston Memorial Hospital, Abingdon, VA; Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport, TN; Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol, TN)
- Mountain Home Veteran’s Administration, Mountain Home, TN
- Sentara Healthcare (Norfolk General Hospital), Norfolk, VA
- Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksburg, VA
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center - HCA, Fredericksburg, VA.